Yes, if you are already an Epic combo full customer (with decoder), you also need to pay a one time fee of €69 and you’ll receive an Apple TV. You can easily fix this . After that, it’s the purpose you stay our customer for 2 years, otherwise you’ll need to pay the remaining value of the Apple TV.
Entertainment like never before
instead of €199.99 €69
Apple TV + epiccombo
Your Apple TV 4K 32 GB at
€199.99 €69 (one-time fee) when ordering an Epic combo full TV experience pack.
What’ included in this pack?
40 GB for your social, music and video apps, unlimited internet at home and a fantastic TV experience on your big screen with Apple TV!
Already an Epic combo full customer?
Frequently asked questions
Sure thing! When you opt for an Epic combo pack with Apple TV, no regular decoder will be supplied anymore but you still have a Proximus Pickx (= TV) subscription where you have access to more than 80 channels. If the Pickx app didn't come installed automatically, you can download it yourself from the integrated app store on your screen.
- With your Proximus decoder you have direct access to more than 80 channels, you can consult the TV guide and find your favorite programs by category, you can watch them both live and in catch-up mode or record them for later viewing. Netflix is also available directly on your decoder (if you have a Netflix subscription).
- With the Android TV decoder there are more possibilities, you can take a look here.
- When you opt for an Epic combo pack with Apple TV, no regular decoder will be supplied anymore. With an Apple TV, you can also access these 80 channels via the Proximus Pickx app, live or in catch-up mode (36h) and you can record them. Also, you can download all your favorite apps (Netflix, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) as there is an app store on your screen. You can operate the TV with the new remote control or with Siri. In addition, you can easily swipe the content of your iPhone to the big screen. In short, it's a completely different TV experience!
A Google Chromecast connects to your TV via an HDMI cable, just like an Apple TV. This allows you to swipe/cast all content from your tablet or smartphone to the big screen. This is possible with both Android and Apple smartphones, while with Apple TV the focus is mainly on Apple devices. Both devices also allow you to operate the TV with your voice (with Google Assistant vs Siri) and both have versions that support 4K quality.
The big difference is that a Chromecast does not provide for an integrated app store to appear on your TV screen. So, you won't be able to download apps directly to your TV and will always need your smartphone. For gaming, too, you're better served with an Apple TV. In addition, the TV experience will also be different, comparable to an Android smartphone versus an Apple smartphone.
A synonym for 4K is "Ultra HD". This is a resolution of 3,840 by 2,160 pixels. So Ultra HD is a very high resolution, four times higher than "Full HD", which has a resolution of 1,920 by 1,080 pixels. So the bottom line is that you get to see more pixels and therefore more details on your TV. This sharper reproduction of images means a better movie experience. To be able to enjoy this you'll also need 4K content (movies/series), a 4K television and a good Internet connection (bandwidth of at least 23 Mbps).
High Dynamic Range (HDR) makes the colors brighter and more realistic. Moreover, you'll see a lot more details. From the latest movie to your favorite series, everything becomes more vivid than ever.
Yes, an Apple TV device can be connected to any TV set that has an HDMI connection! This means you can turn any TV into a Smart TV! To enjoy 4K picture quality you'll also need a 4K TV.
Yes, certainly! You can easily buy them online or later via your MyProximus app. You'll then find the purchased options in your Pickx app. Three exceptions:
- If you buy our Movies & Series option, you'll only be able to watch the related channel; it will not be possible to go to the movie catalog on your Apple TV. But you can do this via your smartphone (Pickx app) or via www.proximuspickx.be.
- Nor can the "Adult" TV option be watched on Apple TV due to Apple restrictions. This can only be done via a decoder!
- It is not possible to buy a Netflix subscription via Proximus, unless you already have such a subscription running via your Proximus bill, in which case it can simply continue. You therefore have to buy a Netflix subscription through the Netflix website itself.
Combined offer with Apple TV 4K: for every customer (new or existing) taking an Epic combo full TV experience, a price of €69 instead of €199.99 will be applicable for an Apple TV. When choosing for an Apple TV, there will be no Proximus decoder delivered anymore. Contract of indefinite duration. When the customer terminates its abonnement within 24 months, a residual value needs to be paid conform the amortisation table (PDF) in the contract. This is not applicable when the customer switches to a Tutimus pack. After 24 months the contract can be terminated without any consequence or residual value to be paid. While supplies last. Compatible with all other promotions, for example a discount on an Epic combo full TV experience pack, a webdeal, previous and future combined offers of ‘a pack & a device’ and the combined offers of a ‘mobile subscription & a smartphone’. Invoices should be paid by direct debit. Purchase of the device should be via bank card. Info & legal mentions on proximus.be/epic