- With 5G you can surf even faster than today on the existing 4G networks.
- At the same time, you will notice a significant improvement in response time or latency, making the mobile network and applications even more responsive.
- We use growing data volumes (for video, music, gaming, etc.) and a growing number of devices (smartphones, sensors, video cameras …), all of which are connected simultaneously. 5G is the solution that supports an even greater number of devices, without any loss of quality and with greater reliability.
- 5G is also greener as less energy is used to transfer data.
Proximus reinvents the mobile network with 5G
Are you ready for 5G?
The Proximus network makes a first 5G experience possible and you can enjoy it. But what do you need?
A 5G smartphone
Because the frequency for 5G is different than 4G or 3G, you need a smartphone that is compatible with the Proximus 5G network and can handle these speeds.
Currently, several smartphones work on our 5G network. We will expand our offering as quickly as possible.
A 5G subscription
You need a special subscription that gives you access to our 5G network to enjoy the best experience Proximus has to offer.
Where 5G is available
The launch of 5G will happen in several cities and smaller zones, from the coast to the Ardennes! The further deployment will take some time, it’s not something that will happen overnight. We’re working hard on it.
What are the advantages of 5G?
Experiencing the full possibilities of 5G will only be possible within a few years. But the first step towards that interesting, exciting future has been taken! The Proximus network now allows you to get a taste of the 5G experience: an improved speed and lower latency.
Waiting? Ok, boomer!
5G offers much faster download and upload speeds. Downloads are ready almost immediate and the speed is exceptional on any device.
Example: download of a movie of 5 GB
Higher resolution, no delays
High-resolution, razor-sharp videos without any sign of delays. Relaxing and chatting has never been so pleasant!
Continue your game on the way? No worries, the quality remains top-notch and so does your gaming experience!
5G in your daily life
The impact of 5G
5G can improve our lives in many areas, from recreation to the most useful services.
Frequently asked questions
With your current smartphone you can call and surf the 2G/3G/4G network. You do need a compatible device or your smartphone will not be able to detect the 5G-network
Don't worry: If you have a 5G device but you are in an area without 5G coverage then you can still surf our 2G/3G/4G network.
We are constantly working with suppliers to expand our selection of 5G compatible smartphones as quickly as possible. Go to our website and discover our current range of 5G compatible smartphones.
To fully enjoy the benefits that 5G offers you also need a 5G tariff plan for your business or for private use.
5G is the 5th generation of mobile technologies. This new technology provides the infrastructure to shape the digital transformation of the future as it favours cloud computing and the integration of connected devices.
- Smart cities and a digital society will only be truly possible through the deployment of 5G.
- With 5G, you will surf even faster than today. The connection will be up to ten times faster than via existing 4G networks. At the same time the latency of your mobile network and apps will be reduced.
- 5G is the ideal solution to support greater consumption of data (video, music, games, etc.) and more connected devices (smartphones, sensors, video cameras, etc.) without loss of quality and with more high reliability.
Obviously all these benefits will not come at once. We have now started to progressively adapt our network and it will certainly take several years to fine-tune, as has been the case with the development of previous technologies.
Today’s 5G by Proximus already offers higher speeds and improved latency but not yet the full speed experience that will eventually be possible.
The launch of 5G does not involve additional CO2 emissions, on the contrary.
As a technology 5G is more energy-efficient than 4G, 3G and 2G, allowing for the transfer of more data with the same power consumption and also making the technology more environment-friendly.
Moreover, 100% of Proximus’ electricity supply comes from green energy, such as solar panels and wind turbines.
Self-driving cars, delivery drones, remote surgery… Thanks to its higher speed and a hyperactive network, 5G will revolutionise our lives in the years to come.
In all European countries, 5G is deployed within the framework of the safety standards set by international and independent organizations. As an independent organisation, the opinion of the World Health Organization (WHO) is clear: there is no evidence to suggest that the technology on which 5G is based endangers public health.
5G operates within the same frequency range as existing 2G, 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks. In the course of the last 30 years, numerous studies on the subject have not been able to establish any negative impact whatsoever.
At Proximus we address these concerns through constant research into new technologies and by keeping our customers informed and advising them on the necessary precautions.