Disney+ is the streaming home for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and now, brand new Star. Available on most internet-connected devices, Disney+ offers hundreds of hours of incredible TV series, movies, documentaries and exclusive originals. From the biggest new releases to timeless classics, there’s something for everyone.
Frequently asked questions about Disney+
Star is a new general entertainment content brand from The Walt Disney Company to be included in the Disney+ streaming service in selected markets. The Star brand will serve as home to thousands of hours of television and movies from The Walt Disney Company’s creative studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios, 20th Television and more, enhanced by the addition of local programming from the regions.
Star is not a separate subscription. Star is a new content brand being added to the existing Disney+ service in selected markets.
To make sure Disney+ remains suitable for audiences of all ages and the experience parents expect, new parental controls launching on 23 February will include the ability to restrict access to content for specific profiles based on content age ratings and the ability to add a PIN to lock profiles with access to mature content. For more information please go to help.disneyplus.com.
Activation and active period
- Within 24 to 48 hours after the activation/installation of your products by the technician you will receive an email /or SMS with your personal activation link and all the needed information that will enable you to create your Disney+ account.
- You will also have to fill in your bank details (creditcard or PayPal), but you will not be charged during the first 12 months.
- Once you have completed all the steps, you can log in and start watching Disney+.
Disney+ is included for 12 months. After 12 months, you will continue to enjoy Disney+ and you will be billed directly by Disney+ at the then applicable standard price.
You will be invoiced by Disney+ on a monthly basis at the then applicable standard monthly price. You can manage or cancel your subscription at any time at Disney+New window.
The offer is available to new Disney+ subscribers only. It is not compatible with an existing Disney+ account.
If you use a VPN in your internet browser, you might see the wrong activation screen when clicking on the link in the email. Try to deactivate the VPN temporarily.
If you still have problems, try to follow the next steps:
- Go to www.disneyplus.com/redeem
- Fill in the code you find in the email
- Create your Disney+ account
How to watch?
Disney+ is accessible on most internet-connected devices:
- on a smartphone, tablet, supported Smart TV or game console: via the Disney+ app available on Google Play, App Store and Apple TV. Click here for more infoNew window.
- via the Proximus Android TV decoder, in the "recommended apps" section. If you already own a decoder and would like to change to a Proximus Android TV decoder, please contact us.
- via the Disney+ website.
No, you can also watch Disney+ on other devices, like your smartphone, tablet or compatible Smart TV. Our new Android TV Decoder allows downloading apps from the Google Play Store, such as Disney+ and Netflix.
After creating your Disney+ account via the activation mail, you can log in on the Disney+ app via your Android TV Decoder and access the service from the home page of Proximus Pickx.
During installation of your decoder, you will have the opportunity to login at the Google Play Store (with your email address and password). You will get access to apps for your TV, including Disney+. You can select it to be installed immediately.
You didn't do this during installation? No worries, you can always login at a later moment via Apps > Google Play Store and download the Disney+ app.
When the Disney+ app starts, it will use the device or platform’s current system settings for subtitles and language audio. This setting can be changed for Disney+ at any time.
To set your audio language for Web Browser, Mobile Devices, Smart TVs, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One:
- While watching a video, click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen to display the Audio and Subtitle settings.
- Select your desired language from the list.
- Close the display and return to watching the video with your new settings.
- Your selected language settings will be saved on this profile.
You can also make language changes via: Profile icon – Edit Profiles – App language -Select
You have a 12-month access to Disney+, but you must of course create a Disney+ account. Banking information is a mandatory step in the creation of the Disney+ account. At the end of the 12 months, you will be invoiced by Disney+ on a monthly basis at the then standard price of the Disney+ subscription.
During the creation of your Disney+ account, you have to add payment details that will be used after the first 12 months. Disney+ might ask for a payment of €1 for verification reasons, but will be refunded shortly after creating your account.