It is important to know that the migration to this new technology is essential in order to avoid your Proximus fixed services being cut off, which will take place very soon.
Indeed, if you do not switch to fiber:
1. At first, your fixed services will be severely slowed down for 3 weeks:
This basically means that, depending on your situation:
- your internet speed will become extremely slow,
- you will no longer have access to your TV services,
- you will no longer be able to make calls over your landline except to emergency numbers and to the Proximus customer service, you will still be able to receive calls.
2. Afterwards, your fixed services will be completely cut off, only your mobile services remain operational as before.
Do you have an alarm or remote assistance system connected to your landline? Unfortunately, these will no longer work once your fixed services have been idled.
Any alarm connected to an internet line will cease to function once the fixed become services unavailable.
Your mobile products are not dependent on your connection, so you will be able to continue to use them as usual.