Transfer a domain name
You can transfer your domain name received via Proximus to another provider, or from another provider to Proximus.
Transferring a domain name does not automatically transfer the services (e-mail, website) linked to it!
How to do it?
- Contact the DNS master of your current provider (firstname.lastname@example.org in the case of Proximus) to prevent this. Send him an e-mail on this model:
Hello, I would like to transfer my .net domain name to another provider. Please also send me the domain name registrations linked to a mail server or web server (mx,cname...). Thank you very much. Yours sincerely, Mr. xxxxxx
- You will receive a transfer code on your e-mail address entered in the WHOIS. If your current provider is Proximus, you can check and/or modify the e-mail address entered in the WHOIS on MyProximus. Attention: the transfer code is only valid for 1 week. If you exceed this time, you will have to contact email@example.com again to request a new code.
- Order your domain name (the one you want to transfer) from your new provider.
- Enter the transfer code that was sent to you on your WHOIS contact e-mail address on the site of your new provider.
- Check that the transfer was successful: go to https://tucowsdomains.com/whois-search/ and enter your domain name. The WHOIS information is displayed. Your former provider should no longer be displayed as a provider.