Transfer Cloud Exchange to Proximus Mail
Have you received an e-mail that Cloud Exchange will soon be discontinued and are you worried that you won't receive the e-mails sent to your domain name anymore? Don't worry! You can transfer your Cloud Exchange solution to Proximus Mail in 3 easy steps if you have a Proximus Internet subscription.
Link your domain name to your mailboxes and e-mail addresses
It's important to follow the steps in the order indicated or you will not be able to create an e-mail address linked to your domain name.
- Surf to www.proximus.be/mymail and log in with your MyProximus credentials. If you don't have an account yet, subscribe to MyProximus.
- Create one or more mailboxes by clicking Create a new mailbox at the top left. If you already have existing mailboxes, you will see them at the top left in a drop-down menu. They can also be used to link your e-mail addresses in step 5. It's best that you create a different mailbox per person.
- How do you now link your domain name with Proximus mailboxes? Contact the DNS master by e-mail and ask to link your domain name with your Proximus mailboxes, as well as their e-mail addresses. Example of a request:
Please link my domain name with the Proximus mailboxes.
Domain name: mybusiness.be
firstname.lastname@example.org - e-mail address: email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org - e-mail address: email@example.com
- If you want to create other mailboxes with other e-mail addresses, repeat from step 2. Return to www.proximus.be/mymail and select the mailbox at the top left for which you will create a new e-mail address.
- In the input field under Manage user names (aliases), enter an e-mail address linked to your domain name and click on Create. If you no longer know the password for your mailbox, you can change it in the top right-hand corner as you will need it to configure your e-mail program.
- Repeat step 5 for all of the mailboxes you created.
Please note: creating a new mailbox is only possible if you have not yet exceeded the number of mailboxes within your subscription. If you have, link your new e-mail address to an existing mailbox.
Set up your new e-mail address
If the steps above have been completed, you can set up the new e-mail address on your mobile, tablet or computer by following the steps to set up a Proximus e-mail address.
Transfer your old e-mails to your new e-mail address
Copy the e-mails in your e-mail program from your old Cloud Exchange mailbox to your new Proximus mailbox. If you have a lot of e-mails, this may take a while.
All done! Your Cloud Exchange e-mails are now transferred to Proximus Mail and you can continue to receive e-mails on your domain name.