Proximus reinvents the mobile network with 5G
What is 5G?
Much more than just gigabits or one more evolution of our mobile network
A widely announced improvement over previous technologies, which will revolutionize mobile communications and accelerate the advent of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Fields of application for 5G
Discover some areas where 5G will make the difference
5G is essential for using applications such as video streaming and tactile Internet.
The Internet of Things
From the connected heating-oil tank to the tracking of your equipment in real time, the Internet of Things is everywhere, even where you wouldn't expect it.
Thanks to its low latency (see above), 5G will allow hyper-realistic rendering in virtual-reality images with, in addition, an attenuation of dizziness and nausea.
Advantages of 5G
- Very high speed mobile broadband
- Theoretical maximum speeds far higher than 4G
- Possible alternative to high-speed fixed broadband, when the latter is unavailable
- 5G traffic response time theoretically reduced to 1/1000th of a second
- Instantaneousness and reliability crucial for applications requiring an immediate response (virtual reality, autonomous transport, robotics, etc.)
5G will allow the network to be broken down into "slices" and assigned to specific applications such as emergency services during an event.
5G networks use little power when traffic is low, which reduces the power consumption of the antennas.