Business TV at Charleroi University Hospital
Published on 16/01/2015
in Customer Stories
Being admitted to hospital is never fun. So patients at Charleroi University Hospital really appreciate the extensive TV offer. Proximus provides the group’s various hospitals with Business TV solutions.
Charleroi University Hospital
- Charleroi University Hospital is a hospital group of 5 hospitals with 1,502 beds.
- The university hospital has around 4,000 employees and a revenue of € 400 million.
- The group also includes various outpatient clinics and polyclinics, centres for auto-dialysis and a centre for scientific research.
- The rooms were fitted with analogue television sets and classic TV distribution.
- Charleroi University Hospital was looking for a solution to provide patients with better relaxation and to offer an extra service through interactive TV.
- Proximus proposed Business TV: a solution for digital TV services over IP, developed for hospitals, care homes, hotels and public buildings.
- The project involves 1,280 TV sets, which give patients access to 75 TV and 20 radio stations.
- The patients have access to an electronic TV guide on the set.
- Interactive TV offer for patients, which can be integrated with other solutions, such as audiobooks and games, through middleware.
- High satisfaction among patients.
- Business TV works through Constant Bit Rate, which simplifies management of the signal.
- No fluctuations or peaks in use of network bandwidth, no impact on function of other applications on the network.
- No concerns in terms of digital rights management: Proximus manages the contracts with rightholders.
Jean-Pierre Binon is ICT Director at Charleroi University Hospital.
Facts & figures
There are 500 doctors linked to Charleroi University Hospital. They are responsible for 40,000 admissions and 400,000 consultat
One magazine is the Proximus B2B magazine for CIOs and IT professionals in large and medium-sized organisations.