Questions about Proximus Mail
Configuring your mailbox
- How do you configure your e-mail on your mobile, tablet or computer?
Want to send and receive e-mails? In that case, set up e-mail on your mobile, tablet or computer.
- How to read e-mails online?
Simply surf to https://webmail.proximus.be/ to get access to Proximus Webmail.
- How do you download the Proximus Mail app?
You can download the Proximus Mail app from the Play store (for Android) or from the App Store (for iOS).
- How do you set up an additional mailbox or e-mail address?
First, find out the difference between a mailbox and an e-mail address. After that you can choose whether you want to set up an additional mailbox or create an additional e-mail address.
- Where can you find the password for your mailbox?
Forgotten your mailbox password? Log in to MyProximus to create a new password.
Manage your e-mail settings
Functions of your mailbox
- How do you send and receive e-mails?
Want to send and receive e-mails in a simple way? Use Proximus Webmail on your computer or the Proximus Mail app on your smartphone or tablet.
- How do you save e-mail addresses in your address book?
Save the e-mail addresses of your contacts in your address book and create distribution lists so you can send e-mails to your contacts more quickly and easily.
- How do you insert a signature in your e-mails?
You can create a signature and have it automatically inserted in the e-mails you send. A signature often contains your contact details and, possibly, a personal text.
- How do you set up an out-of-office message?
Going on holiday? Or can't be contacted for a few days because you're off ill? In that case, set up an out-of-office message. This message is automatically sent in reply to any e-mails you receive.
- How do you automatically forward e-mails?
Want the e-mails you receive at your Proximus e-mail address to be automatically forwarded to, say, your Gmail account? Then set up a mail forward.
- How do you protect your mailbox with free antivirus or antispam?
Your mailbox is automatically protected against virusses and spam. If you still receive unwanted e-mails, you can set up e-mail rules.
- How many folders or subfolders can you create in Webmail?
There is a maximum of 100 folders or 100 subfolders.
Problems with your mailbox
- Don't have access to your e-mails anymore?
If you send an excessive number of e-mails or spam, we temporarily block your mailbox for security reasons. If you no longer have access to your e-mails, creating a new password will usually solve the problem.
- Can you no longer send e-mails, but still receive them?
Can you receive e-mails but not send any? In that case you will need to adjust the settings of the outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Do you receive a message saying ‘554 Access denied- Under investigation for spam abuse. Contact your email provider for more info’?
It means that spam has been sent from your computer or e-mail address, probably without your knowledge. To prevent you from sending more spam, we have added you to our blacklist and some measures need to be taken to prevent this in the future.
- Have you received a suspect e-mail?
Phishing is Internet fraud. Someone is trying to pass themselves off as a Proximus employee and asks you for your personal details (customer number, password, etc.). See how to recognize a phishing e-mail and what to do if you receive one.
- What happens to your e-mail address if you terminate your contract?
You can use your e-mail address free of charge for up to 18 months after terminating the contract. Your existing login and password remain valid during this period.
Did you find this helpful?