How do you connect the cables to your b-box 3?
How do you connect your Proximus devices to use your fixed line, television and Internet?
Watch the video in French or in Dutch on YouTube.
- If necessary, first prepare the splitter and the Proximus connection socket.
- In most cases, there is already a Proximus connection socket on your premises and you don't have to do anything.
- If there is no Proximus connection socket on your premises, prepare your wall socket by plugging a Proximus splitter into it. There are two options: either you have a single 5-pin socket (view manual in French or in Dutch) or you have several 5- or 6-pin sockets (view manual in French or in Dutch). In case of doubt, choose the second option.
- Do you have a fixed line?
- If you have a traditional fixed line, plug the telephone jack into the Proximus splitter. The splitter may be different from the one in the figure below.
- If you have a fixed line via the Internet, plug the telephone jack into one of your modem's yellow ports.
- Connect the modem to the Proximus splitter.
For this, connect the blue cable (or black cable with blue ends) to the blue port of the modem.
- Plug the modem into an electric socket and switch it on.
The LED will light up. If it doesn’t, check that the switch at the back of the modem is in the On position.
- Your modem will be automatically configured and updated. This takes max. 30 minutes.
The LED light will blink and, once your modem is ready, will remain lit.
- Do you have Proximus TV?
Once the LED light is on, you can connect the television.
V5 compact decoder : Watch the video in French or in Dutch on YouTube.
V5 decoder : Watch the video in French or in Dutch on YouTube.
- Do you have a Wi-Fi Bridge? See how to install your Wi-Fi Bridge in French or in Dutch.
- Do you have a PLC-adapter (Devolo)? See how to install your PLC-adapter (Devolo).
- Do you have a Ruckus? See how to install your Ruckus.
- Don't have a Wi-Fi Bridge, PLC-adapter (Devolo) or Ruckus? Follow the three steps below and, for more information, see how to install Proximus TV.
- Connect the decoder to the modem by plugging the black cable with the yellow ends into one of the yellow ports of the modem.
- Then connect the decoder to the television with an HDMI cable (for HD quality) or a Scart cable (for SD quality).
- Finally, plug the decoder into an electric socket and switch it on.
- Do you have Internet access?
Once the LED light is on, your Internet connection is ready. Connect to your Wi-Fi network (when the LED light is on) or connect the computer directly to the modem. For this, plug the black cable with the yellow ends into the Ethernet port of your computer and into one of your modem’s yellow ports.
Watch the video How to connect a b-box 3 modem to your computer? in French or in Dutch on YouTube.
Your fixed line, television or Internet connection are now ready for use.