Thanks to the new VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology you can make calls via 4G within Belgium. Up to now, you could only make calls over the 2G or 3G network.
When you make calls via 4G, you don't use any data, only call minutes.
To use VoLTE, you need a compatible phone equipped with the latest software:
- A compatible phone:
Currently, you can only mak calls via 4G on these phones:
Other phones will follow shortly.
- Apple: iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X.
- Huawei: P10, P20, P20 Lite, P20 Pro, P Smart and Mate 10 Pro.
- Samsung: Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, S9 en S9+, A3 (2016 & 2017), A5 (2016 & 2017), A8 (2018), J3 (2017), J5 (2015 & 2017), J7 (2017), Xcover 4 and Note 8.
- Sony: Xperia XZ1, XZ1 Compact, XZ2, XZ2 Compact, XA2 and L2.
- The correct settings:
- The latest software. Go to Settings > Device info > Manually download updates to download the latest software version on your phone.
- To activate or deactivate VoLTE, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks and move the slider next to VoLTE calls to the right to activate it, or to the left to deactivate it.
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and check or uncheck Voice & Data.
- VoLTE is gradually being activated for all numbers. You will receive a text message when VoLTE is activated for your number.
Do you wish to use a VPN application? In some cases, you need to temporarily switch off VoLTE.