When your electrician comes by to do the electrical works, ask him to install the "Smarttube" as well. This is a cable certified by Proximus. Your electrician can take care of everything; you don't need to be present during the installation.
Building or renovating?
Plan your connection to our infrastructure
Planning for your connection
to the Proximus infrastructure
It's important to foresee your connection to the Proximus infrastructure during the construction/renovation phase. That way you avoid more digging work later. Nobody likes the front yard to be distroyed, for cabling… You’re free to choose Proximus later on, for your products and services.
Request your connection when the structural works are done and roof, windows and doors are placed. Do you want to connect your home to electricity, natural gas, water, television, telephone and the Internet? Simplify your life with the Connect My Home service in Wallonia: a single request for several connections, a single contact person, and a single day to carry out all the necessary work.
What you need to prepare
What Proximus will do for you
Prepare the external cabling
There are some things you have to foresee before we can install the external cabling and connect your building to our infrastructure:
- Dig a 60-cm-deep trench, in a straight line and perpendicular to the building line
- Install a hard, smooth-walled PVC conduit for future cables. The conduit should be 50 mm in diameter with a cable pull-wire that exceeds by 50 cm at each side.
- The conduit should enter the construction via the energy curve or via an opening in the masonry.
- Both sides of the conduit should be hermetically closed by a removable plug
- Don't forget to foresee a picket to localise the far end of the conduit at the side of the street.
Request your connection
Are you structurally renovating your building or are you going to demolish your house? Read the following instructions if you are wondering what to do with our telecom infrastructure such as:
The public domain (sidewalk or street):
- Proximus cables on the façade
- Proximus street cabinet in front of the building (coming soon)
- Proximus underground cables (coming soon)
The private domain:
- Proximus cables in the house (coming soon)
- Proximus cables in the communal area - only for apartment buildings (coming soon)
- Proximus underground cables - building to street (coming soon)
If you plan to move or remove our infrastructure, please let us know as soon as possible (mnimum 8 weeks in advance for best service), to prevent network damage, and to ensure that other customers on the street continue to enjoy our internet. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Some information that might help
Tips and tricks
- Check if you can benefit from the best technology for your Internet and if you can add a second or third TV set at your new home or office!
- No cabling? Count on our wireless solutions to connect your decoder to your modem.
- Wi-Fi all the way from the basement to the attic, with the Wi-Fi Booster!
- Want to install your enterprise network? Find all info in our document (pdf, French).
- The mobile network isn’t perfect within your building? The solution is the Mobile Coverage Extender.
Frequently asked questions
As soon as you send your order, we remotely check your technical situation.
- If a visit by a technician is required, we will arrange that appointment when it best suits you. And no worries: for the installation, you can count on the expertise of our technicians without extra costs!
- If the infrastructure at your new home is ready to use, you can connect the devices yourself using the installation guide… or request a technicians help to finalise the installation.
You can keep your mobile numbers, fixed numbers if you stay in the same zone.
You can continue to use the e-mail address from your former operator free of charge for max. 18 months after your transfer. Time enough to warn your contacts about your new address!
*Remarks concerning the costs
The mentioned price of € 90 is only valid for work on private domain, when the trench is well present. If Proximus needs to dig the trench, you will be charged by the metre and the cost depends on the state of the ground (soil, concrete (with or without sawing work) or pavement).
If the Proximus infrastructure isn’t present in the public domain (street), Proximus will send you an estimate of the costs before starting the work. Insert your data in the form behind “Request your connection”.