Transfer a website to a new host
To transfer your website, download it to your computer and then upload it to the server of your new host.
How to download your website to your computer?
- Download, install, then open FileZilla.
- In the menu bar, click on File and then on Site manager.
- In the Site manager window:
- Click on New site and give it a name.
- In Host, enter the name of your current host (e.g. users.skynet.be, users.belgacom.net, corporate.skynet.be...).
- In Port, enter 21.
- In Encryption, select Only use plan FTP (insecure).
- In Logon type, select Ask for password
- In User, enter your username.
- Right-click Document, and then click Create directory.
- Enter the name of the folder in which you want to save your site. Press OK.
- Double click on the created folder name to open it at the bottom left.
- Click on the window at the bottom right, choose the files to be transferred (Ctrl+A to choose all) then right click and go to Download.
The files are now in the folder you created on your computer.
You can now upload your files to the server of your new host.