Create documents in OneDrive for Business
In OneDrive for Business you can upload files in order to share them, but also easily create new Office files, directly from the cloud.
- Log in to Office 365 and click OneDrive in the menu.
- Click New document and select the type of document you want to create.
- The new document will open in the Office Online program you have chosen, e.g. Word.
- When your document is ready, you don't need to save it; this will occur automatically in Office Online.
- To modify the document's file name, click the document name in the task bar and enter the new name. Press Enter to confirm you modification.
- Want to go back to the location where you saved the file? Click the navigation menu next to the file: in OneDrive for Business, this menu has your name.
Tip: To access all the available functions of your Office file, switch to the offline version. For example, if you work in Word Online, click Open in Word to switch to Word Offline.