What do the lights on your b-box 2 mean?
There are several indicator lights on your b-box 2. From left to right: USB, @ (Internet), wi-fi, Phone2, Phone1, TV4, TV3, PC2, PC1, DSL, WPS and Power.
The USB port is currently disabled on the b-box 2. The USB light is always off.
- Light on: there is an Internet connection. The login and password of your Internet connection have been automatically configured in your modem.
- Light off: there is no Internet connection. Unplug the power cable of the modem and plug it in again. Wait for about 20 minutes. If the light still doesn't go on, connect to the Internet manually.
- Solid light: your Wi-Fi network is enabled and ready to use.
- Blinking light: your Wi-Fi network is enabled and is currently being used.
- Light off: your Wi-Fi network is disabled. Reactivate the Wi-Fi network on your modem.
Telephony via Internet
- Light on: your fixed line via Internet is ready to use.
- Light off: your fixed line via Internet is not ready to use. Check the cables that are plugged into the green telephony ports at the back of the modem.
- Light on: a decoder or device for watching TV wirelessly is connected to one of the grey TV ports at the back of the modem.
- Light off: no decoder or device for watching TV wirelessly is connected. Check the cables thatare plugged into the grey TV ports.
Cable Internet connection
- Light on: a PC is connected to one of the yellow Internet ports at the back of the modem.
- Light off: no PC is connected. Check the cables that are plugged into the yellow Internet ports.
- Solid light: the modem is synchronized with the signal of your Proximus line.
- Blinking light: ? the DSL synchronization is being established.
- Is this the first time a Proximus line is connected in your home? Or have you ordered new services (Internet, TV, or a fixed line)? The DSL synchronization light will continue to blink until the service is enabled on your line.
- Is this also the first time you connect a b-box 2 ? The DSL synchronization light will blink for max. 60 minutes during the configuration and update of your modem.
- If not, check the cables between the wall socket and the blue DSL port at the back of the modem, then wait for 3 minutes.
- Light on: the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature is enabled on your modem.
If you have a mobile phone, tablet or other device with the WPS feature, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network without having to enter the network password. For this, enable WPS on your device, and then press the WPS button on your modem for 3 seconds.
- Blinking light: your modem is trying to establish a Wi-Fi connection with another device via WPS.
If this doesn't work, check if the WPS feature is enabled on your device and then bring it closer to the modem.
- Light off: the WPS feature has been disabled on your modem.
To enable WPS, go to your modem's configuration menu and click Advanced Settings> Wireless > WPS enabled.
- Light on: the modem is turned on.
- Light off: the modem is turned off. Check if the power cable is securely connected and the Power button at the front of the modem is in the On position.