Worried about being exposed to Wi-Fi or GSM (mobile) waves? Fear not, Proximus adheres to the Belgian regulations on wave exposure, which are among the strictest in the world. However, if you would like to minimize your exposure still further, you can follow the tips set out below:
Keep a suitable distance
Exposure decreases very quickly with distance, so:
- Adopt good practices with your smartphone: when you're on the phone, you can use speaker mode or talk via a headset rather than holding your phone against your ear. When you're on the move, you can put your smartphone in a bag rather than in an item of clothing. Simple, don't you think?
- Find a suitable place for your b-box, Wi-Fi Booster, Wi-Fi Extender or cordless phone: these devices are best installed in a central location in your home and more than a meter away from places where you spend a lot of time, such as your bed, desk or sofa.
Good coverage means less waves!
- Contrary to what you might think, your device will emit less to connect to the network if it captures a strong Wi-Fi or 4G signal. Therefore, the more signal bars displayed on your device, the less strong your exposure to waves. It's all good!
- The Mobile Coverage Extender and Wi-Fi Booster will help you obtain good mobile and Wi-Fi coverage in your home if you don't already have this.
Smartphone: choose wisely and use it properly!
- Give preference to the phones sold on proximus.be which have a good SAR value. We make sure of that!
- If you plan on traveling (e.g. by train or car), your smartphone will seek to connect to antennas along the way. This is not something to worry about, but if you download as much content (e.g. movies and music) as possible in advance, your phone will have less work to do. It will be more relaxing and more economical too!
- Your smartphone likes a rest as well: you can switch it off or put it on airplane mode when you don't need it. In particular, be sure to do this at night if you leave your phone on your bedside table. Moreover, did you know that a restart always does a smartphone a whole lot of good?