Want to use your private router to manage your own network? Follow these steps:
- Connect your private router via the LAN output of the b-box to the WAN input of the private router.
- Activate the DHCP function of your private router.
- Change the IP settings of your private router so they are different from those of the b-box:
- Default gateway: Change this IP address to a different IP address than that of the b-box, for example 192.168.2.1.
- DHCP range: change the range to a different range than that of the b-box, for example 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.255.
- Create a PPPoE session on your private router with the username and password of your Internet connection.
The devices connected to your private router will now receive an IP address from your private router instead of from the b-box. The WAN connection (e.g. for remote access) is also established via your private router.
NB: For an optimal TV experience, we recommend that you connect the decoder directly to the b-box.
Specific points to bear in mind
- You create two separate networks. The devices connected to one network cannot "see" the other devices on the other network (e.g. wireless printers).
- When the two Wi-Fi networks (that of the b-box and that of your private router) are activated, your device can connect to the b-box and to your own private router, depending on your location.