Open Internet ports on your modem
Port opening or forwarding (NAT) is sometimes requested by certain software and peripherals such as video games consoles (Nintendo Playstation, Microsoft Xbox, etc.), home automation equipment, etc.
The following tips are general tips. Port opening requires that the software or peripheral requesting the port opening, communicates the port numbers it would like to have opened.
NB: Port opening makes your network vulnerable to external traffic. Proximus is not responsible for the results caused by opening and forwarding ports.
Our technical service does not provide any support for this matter.
- Log in to your modem at home via the address 192.168.1.1
- Identify yourself on the modem with the user password provided (located under or on the rear of the modem). Don't hesitate to photograph the label with your mobile phone to keep its useful information at hand.
- Click the Access control option.
- Select the Port mapping tab.
- Click the Create new portmap button.
- Select the required protocol (TCP for example) and enter the desired port number.
- Enter the IP address of the peripheral that requires port forwarding.
- Click OK to save the settings.