Are the LAN and WIFI LEDs red? There is probably an IP address conflict between your devices. What can you do about it?
- Restart your modem: press the on/off button on the back of your modem to turn it off. Then turn it back on a few seconds later.
- If the LEDs are still red, go to your modem's interface via the address 192.168.1.1.
- Identify yourself on the modem with the User password (located under or on the back of the modem). Select User as the user name and enter the User password. The user password can be found on the bottom or back of the modem. Finally, click the Log me in button.
- On the modem's homepage, look at the list of connected and active devices (in bold or red box). Check if two of them have the same IP address, for example 22.214.171.124.
- Is this the case? Click on the small cross next to the device name. The device will be removed from the list and then will reconnect and probably receive a new IP address.