- With Smart Wi-Fi you surf via the Proximus Smart Wi-Fi or AUTO_FON network. By contrast, the Wi-Fi Hotspots have a network name that contains the word FON (abroad).
- Smart Wi-Fi is available only in Belgium. Abroad you will currently only find Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- Smart Wi-Fi can usually identify you on the basis of your SIM card. In principle you do not, therefore, even need a login or password.
- If you connect via Smart Wi-Fi you keep your Internet connection while logging in. With a Wi-Fi Hotspot your Internet connection may be lost for a few seconds during the switch from 3G/4G to Wi-Fi.
- Your surfing speed is even higher via Smart Wi-Fi than on a Wi-Fi Hotspot, because you have more bandwidth at your disposal (max. 50 Mbps vs. max. 3 Mbps).
- Smart Wi-Fi offers even more security than a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Smart Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi hotspots are free if they are part of your subscription in MyProximus. If this is not the case, you will first be asked to activate a paying option.
On your mobile phone or tablet, you can now install Smart Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspots through the MyProximus app. On your computer, you choose a Proximus Smart Wi-Fi or AUTO_FON network (in Belgium) or FON network (abroad) in the list of available Wi-Fi networks and you can manage your password on the MyProximus website.
Thanks to Smart Wi-Fi you can enjoy a more comfortable way to connect to the Internet in Belgium.