- Reboot your modem to remove all previous configurations that could disrupt the b-box.
- Consult the support pages of the console manufacturers: Nintendo, Xbox or Sony.
- Open the ports on the b-box if the console or game prompts you to do so. If necessary, enter the username and password you use for an internet connection.
- Check if the dynamic IP adress is active:
Login to MyProximus Opens a new window and click on the Internet box . If you see the Shared IP box, click on Own your own IP adress. If you don't see the Shared IP box, your dynamic IP adress is already activate.
Problems connecting your game console or IP camera
Want to connect your IP camera or your PlayStation, Xbox, Switch or Wii U to the Internet? In the vast majority of cases, you can connect your games console or IP camera to the Internet without any problems by following the instructions given by the manufacturer. In some cases, however, you may encounter difficulties:
DMZ activationActivating the DMZ on your modem's console is not recommended as it will result in all protections being removed for the device in question at the level of the modem.
Connect your games console to your b-box using an Ethernet cable to test the connection:
- If possible, leave your console connected to the b-box via an Ethernet cable.
- If you were connected over Wi-Fi, consult our tips on how to improve your Wi-Fi.
- If you were connected via PLC, check their LED indicators. If your PLCs are old, replace them by new PLCs.
- Consult our tips in case you have Internet or TV problems.
Create a PPpoE session directly on your game console.
- Enter the username and password you use for an internet connection.
- On your PS4, go to Parameters > Network > Network configuration > By cable > Personnal > PPoE.
- Enter your connection informationn. Confirm.
- Choose the automatic DNS settings.
- Choose the automatic MTU settings.
- Choose "Proxy server: do not use". Confirm.