Deregister from a text message service or set up call barring free of charge to block pay-for numbers on your mobile or landline.
Stop pay-for text messages
To deregister from a text message service, simply text STOP (in capital letters) to the service provider's mobile number or the contact number of the third party service provider.
You get no answer or you still receive these text messages after a few days? In that case, contact our customer service. We will be happy to help you to have the service provider cancel the text message service.
Block pay-for numbers
If you have a Pay&Go card, you will need to contact our customer service to have pay-for calls blocked.
If you have a mobile or landline subscription, you can set up free calling restriction online:
- Log in to MyProximus to view your products.
View your products
- Click the phone number for which you want to active a calling restriction.
- Click the Available tab in the Options box (for your mobile) or the Services box (for your landline).
- Browse the available options until you get to calling restriction.
- Calling restriction Adult Content
Block calls and SMS messages to numbers offering pornographic and other erotic content (0906 and 0907 / 7xxx).
- Calling restriction Premium Content
Block calls and SMS messages to all premium 090x and SMS numbers that offer pay-for content or services (0900, 0901, 0902, 0903, 0904, 0905, 0906, 0907 and 0909 / 2xxx, 3xxx, 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx and 9xxx). The SMS numbers 4xxx can be blocked via the calling restriction below.
- Calling restriction Payment Content
Block SMS messages to numbers offering payment content (4xxx). You will need to contact our customer service to have these services blocked.
- Calling restriction Gaming Content (This is a seperate option on your landline. On your mobile, this option is offered via the Calling restriction Premium Content.)
Block calls and SMS messages to numbers offering games, contests or other gaming content (0905 / 5xxx, 6xxx and 95xx-99xx).
- Click the Order button.
- Click Available smart services and select the calling restriction you want to activate.
- Click Confirm to activate the calling restriction.
Block other calls, your mobile phone or your SIM card
Do you also want to block other calls, e.g. international calls? Activate a paying calling restriction option on your mobile or on your landline.
You can also block your mobile and SIM card, e.g. in case of loss or theft.