When traveling in the EU, you can activate a roaming option (ARP or LBO) with another European operator. Your roaming usage in the European Union will be charged to you directly by this other operator, while you keep your SIM card and phone number. Unfortunately, we cannot inform you of the terms and conditions and the prices of these options, because they depend on the operator you have opted for.
- If you opt for an ARP (Alternative Roaming Provider), all your calls, SMS messages, MMS messages and mobile Internet usage in all EU countries will be billed by your alternative operator
You can activate only one ARP option at a time. If you activate a second ARP option, your first one will be deactivated.
Your ARP option will always prevail over any existing roaming option you may have with us.
- If you opt for LBO (Local Break Out), only your mobile Internet usage will be billed by your alternative operator, and only in the country and on the network of the operator in question
You can activate several LBO options, but you can use only one of them at a time.
Your LBO option will always prevail over any existing roaming option you may have with us
- If you opt for a combination of an ARP and one or more LBOs, the LBO option you have configured will always prevail, provided that you select the correct network.
We ourselves don't offer any ARP or LBO options to customers of other European operators.
How do you activate a roaming option with another operator?
Contact your foreign operator to activate an ARP or LBO option. The activation (and transmission of any confirmation messages) will depend on your operator’s terms and conditions. Usage (e.g. the possibility of sending MMS messages) will also differ from one operator to the next.
- Are you unable to activate an ARP option
In some cases, an ARP request may be refused: this may happen if the data you have provided (mobile phone number, SIM card number, etc.) are not correct, if your alternative operator does not have an agreement with us, etc. Contact your alternative operator if you have any problems or questions.
Your ARP request may also be refused if your mobile phone number has been cancelled, if the owner of the phone number has blocked the ARP option, if your mobile phone number does not have access to roaming abroad, etc. Contact our client service if you have a similar problem.
- Are you unable to activate an LBO option?
To be able to use an LBO option, you must change the Internet settings of your mobile phone. Replace our APN (internet.proximus.be) by the EU APN (EUInternet) and fill out the Internet settings you received from your alternative operator.
If you are a business customer, you should first request the option to configure the APN via our customer service or a point-of-sale.
You can always change the settings of your device later if you want to switch between LBO options or the existing roaming option you have with us.
Are you back in Belgium? Don't forget to reconfigure our APN.
Do you have an LBO option? Reconfigure our APN (internet.proximus.be) as soon as you are back in Belgium. After that, you will again be able to connect to our network.
How do you deactivate a roaming option with another operator?
Contact your foreign operator to deactivate an ARP or LBO option. Deactivation is subject to your alternative operator’s terms and conditions.
Note that your ARP or LBO roaming option will be automatically deactivated if your SIM card or phone number changes, or if your number has been suspended due to an unpaid bill.
How will your roaming option be billed?
You will have to pay your ARP or LBO option directly to your alternative operator, not to us. Your mobile usage outside this ARP or LBO option will be charged by us.
Billing by your alternative operator
- Your ARP or LBO option will be charged by your alternative operator (subject to the latter’s terms and conditions).
- If you don't pay your foreign operator's bill, this will be dealt with by the operator in question. We will not intervene.
- It is your alterative operator's responsibility to keep you informed of your usage. You will receive no SMS messages from us, nor will this information be available via the MyProximus app or the MyProximus website.
- Contact your alternative operator if you have any problems or questions.
Billing by us
- All calling minutes, SMS messages, MMS messages and MB not included in your ARP or LBO option will (if possible) be offered and charged via us.
- If you don't pay our bill, your mobile phone number may be suspended. You will in that case no longer be able to activate an ARP or LBO option on that number. In addition, your existing option will be deactivated.
- Do you already have a monthly roaming option (or a rate plan with roaming) with us? Then you will simply continue to pay for it, unless you have it deactivated via our customer service.
- A roaming option has no impact on the calling minutes, SMS messages, MMS messages and MBs included in your national subscription or Pay&Go card.
- Contact our customer service if you have any problems or questions.