Always close, even when you’re away
Published on 01/12/2019 in Service
Bye bye roaming within the EU! Surf, call and text anywhere in the EU, just like at home. And you won’t have to pay anything extra!
Roaming and international rates, what does it mean?
When is roaming free of charge?
Roaming is free outside Belgium for communications within the EU1. Do you want to…
- call a German number while you’re in Italy?
- use your data while you’re in sunny Spain?
- send a text to a colleague in Belgium while you’re in Austria?
These communications are simply deducted from your domestic plan2.
When do you have to pay for roaming?
You must pay for roaming everywhere outside the EU. Don’t forget that this is also the case for some European countries, such as Switzerland, Andorra and Monaco. Remember this whenever you’re travelling through Switzerland on your way to Italy… .
What is an international communication?
We speak of international communications when you call or send a text from Belgium to a foreign country, whether within the EU or outside. International rates will then apply.
- Roaming from A to Z (.pdf)
- Free roaming in the EU: Åland Islands (Finland), Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe (French Antilles), Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique (French Antilles), Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Saint-Barthélemy (French Antilles), Saint Martin (French Antilles), Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom + Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. Excluding special and premium numbers (voting, 0800, 0900, etc.)
- Out-of-bundle national rate when you exceed your bundle
What’s included in your price plan?
Can’t remember what’s included? No problem! Use our easy tool and we’ll give you a crystal clear explanation of the amount of mobile data, minutes and texts included in your bundle. You’ll know exactly where you stand.
Did you know?
If you have Tuttimus, Mobilus or Epic, you also get unlimited use of your favourite app(s) anywhere within the EU. So you can post on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter, discover travel tips on Pinterest or post messages on WhatsApp as much as you want!
For the real mobile data friends
If you’re someone who’s glued to their mobile and always needs to stay connected, but you’re not sure if there’ll be Wi-Fi in your hotel room or by the pool… Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Travelling inside the EU
Even if you’re a heavy data user, you don’t have to pay a fortune. Make sure you take enough gigabytes with you in your backpack, for example with Mobilus M or L.
Afraid this will still not be enough? There’s always an option to buy additional data for the same price as in Belgium. In MyProximus you can buy for example 500MB additional data for just €5.
Travelling outside the EU
Are you going a bit further afield? We’ll make sure you can keep your friends and family close. In fact, we have something special for you: The daily travel passport.
You'll have 80 MB of mobile internet and 20 texts, plus 20 minutes of outgoing calls as well as 20 minutes incoming calls every day. And all that for just €5 a day, charged only on the days when you actually use the bundle, for the Top destinations outside of the European Union (such as Switzerland, Turkey and Canada).