Bilzen Mysteries is a sound and light show in the Grand Commandery Alden Biesen, when up to 200 visitors take a guided tour with the help of a tablet. To make this possible, the Wi-Fi network in and around the castle was given a major upgrade.
Grand Commandery Alden Biesen
- The heritage site in Bilzen dates back to 1220.
- After a serious fire in 1971, the estate was meticulously restored.
- The castle estate is now an international culture and congress centre.
- Since October 2016, a multimedia walk has been organized in and around the castle after dusk: ‘Bilzen Mysteries’.
- With a tablet in their hand, visitors are guided round the estate for an hour by Lord Biesen, a (virtual) role taken on by Jan Decleir.
- Over the next seven years, the tour will take place several times per evening.
Wi-Fi everywhere in just a few months
- To make this show possible, the Wi-Fi network in and around the estate had to be substantially extended and improved.
- Up to 200 visitors had to be able to follow the show at the same time via the wireless network.
- The coverage had to be optimal in the grounds and in the castle.
- The work had to be completed in just a few months.
Synchronized with the show
- HB-plus, Proximus and The Facility Company (Flemish government) prepared a design for the extension of the network based on the requirements of Bilzen Mysteries.
- Trenches were dug to lay extra fiberglass cabling.
- Network equipment was added and/or replaced and a great many extra Wi-Fi antennae were installed.
- The coverage was optimal everywhere and tablets remained synchronized with the sound and light show to within a millisecond.
- Two tests for staff and guests went off perfectly.
- In mid-December, the estate hosted the weekly Flemish Council of Ministers, task force meeting and then a press conference afterwards. Everyone who attended (ministers, press, cabinet staff, etc.) was able to use the new Wi-Fi network without a hitch.
- The Grand Commandery Alden Biesen has a high-performance Wi-Fi network right down to the smallest detail.
- The work was carried out in a very short time.
- The excellent synchronization with the sound and light show ensures an optimal visitor experience.
Share your opinion about news
Do you want to share your opinion or comment?
To comment login to Facebook.