The ‘Citie’ digital platform brings merchants, consumers and local authorities together. Citie is an initiative of Belfius, bpost and Proximus, intended to support the Belgian local economy and boost the digital positioning of our country.
The basis of the application is the existing Citie platform that was launched in Roeselare in 2015 and is now being used in various cities and municipalities. Belfius, bpost and Proximus want to further develop Citie and build it up nationally into an essential tool for all Smart Cities, Smart Merchants and Smart Citizens.
Three partners, one smart app
Citie bundles the knowhow of the three partners in the area of digital payment methods, e- and m-commerce, logistics and sustainable mobility.
With one free integrated app:
- Local authorities can communicate with residents and merchants about traffic problems, cultural events, opening hours of municipal services, local enterprises, etc.
- Merchants get a digital showcase with an integrated webshop where customers can order online and pay on delivery by bpost.
- Merchants can send their customers e-mails with daily promotions or have satisfaction surveys filled in.
- Consumers have a digital customer card in hand, with the loyalty programs of the merchants in their municipality.
- Customers can collect ‘coins’ with every purchase at a participating merchant; the coins can be exchanged for a gift or activity in the city or municipality.
- Residents and visitors can find a parking place and pay using Proximus’ Be-Mobile application.
According to Dominique Leroy, CEO of Proximus, Citie lets small independent operators set to work smarter and compete with large international players.
The new app is also available in French and English.
More info about Citie?
Go to citie.be.
More news on:
- Smart Cities
Share your opinion about news
Do you want to share your opinion or comment?
To comment login to Facebook.