Business Trunking enables you to streamline your telephony infrastructure and reduce the number of lines and the calling costs, while allowing you to implement additional telephony services.
- Reduction of connectivity costs and profitability of your data network infrastructure
- A uniform, streamlined, optimized telephony infrastructure
- Transparency: you keep your existing telephone numbers and acquire a user environment similar to the one you had
- Flexibility: you choose the number of voice channels you need and can add or remove them any time as your business evolves
- Availability guarantee, thanks to the integration of fixed telephony in your data network on the Explore platform
- Most of the basic telephony features are supported (caller number display, selective blocking of incoming calls, etc.).
- Reporting tool for your voice traffic (number of calls, destinations, quality, etc.).
- Protocol supported: SIP.
- Codec supported: T.38, G.711 and G.729.
- Call routing and identification to emergency services with identification of the call origin, in accordance with existing regulations.
- Compatible with VMS Classic (call routing management) and VMS-DRS (Disaster Recovery Solution, a backup solution for your telephony services).
- Possible extension to mobile telephony, unified communications, and other Proximus telephony services.
- Compatibility: only telephone exchanges certified by us can be connected in the Business Trunking solution (this certification guarantees interoperability). Below you will find a list of certified suppliers of telephone exchanges for the Business Trunking solution: Aastra, Alcatel, Avaya, Forum 500/5000/700, Be IP, Cisco, Genesys, Innovaphone, Escaux, Microsoft Lync, Mitel, NEC, One Access, Panasonic, Sonus and Unify. For more information about the supported phone exchange models and versions, please contact the supplier.